The Brooks Auto ID System is the leading automated carrier ID system used in automated semiconductor fabs today. It combines the latest display, logic, and communication technologies and provides a versatile electronic run card. The system offers solutions to track, identify and manage Front-Opening-Unified-Pods (FOUPs), SMIF-Pods, cassettes, reticles, operators, and probe cards.
An identification tag is attached to the item to be tracked (200mm pod, 300mm FOUP, cassette, etc.) and a reader is integrated into process, metrology and material handling equipment. With readers integrated into SMIF load ports, stockers, and manual work-in-progress (WIP) storage shelves, there’s no need for paper lot travelers and run cards. The reader automatically communicates the lot ID upon arrival at a tool.
Smart Tag™ (Infrared ID)
The SMART Tag can be integrated into 200mm and 150mm SMIF load ports, stocker I/Os, and WIP racks. It automatically communicates the lot ID upon arrival at a tool.
Wireless communication technologies (Radio Frequency and Infrared), incorporated by the SMART-Traveler System, enable the tags to communicate reliably with minimum power consumption.
Maximum Productivity & Profitability
- Eliminates misprocessing and increases tool productivity, automatically identifying lots, reticles and probe cards.
- Speeds the location and delivery of lots to tools, managing manual and automated WIP, and reticle storage.
- Increases operator productivity with integrated data displays that let operators access lot/tool specific data where and when they need it.
- Reduces system cost and increases system reliability.
- Provides flexible auto ID systems that can be used in a variety of applications – in both manual and automated fabs.
- In use at more than 100 fabs world-wide.
- Meets all applicable SEMI standards.